Saturday 28 August 2010

Service at any Cost!!!

It's unbelievable how quickly manners get thrown out of the window when a place in a queue is in question. I was under the impression that the British people as a whole had a certain reputation regarding queuing and that nomatter the conditions, we notoriously queue in an orderly fashion, but obviously to my annoyance, I had found the black sheep.
I couldn't believe it. I was just about to enter the butchers with my daughter when a car pulled up next to me, the lady driver (the black sheep) quickly opened the car door, cutting off our entry and then rushed into the shop ahead of us without even a second glance; obviously too engaged in her own matters to care about anyone or anything else around her. Even more infuriating was the fact that she then decided to buy half the shop and take forever. I would like to think that the average person would have more manners and have the forthought, observation skills and basic analysis skills to note that young children do not have the best reputation of queuing or being patient in dull situations and let them go first.
A minor element of retribution (of which I remained silent) was when my daughter (silently as well) deposited a mixture of snot and dribble onto the black sheep's foot.
I am someone that is fiercly in favour of correct  manners and proper etiquette in most situations and failiure to follow this I deem rude and obnoxious. If I see people behaving like this towards others I get really angry, if I see people behaving like this to my family or myself I want to shove their head up their own bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment